POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Color Cube : Re: Color Cube Server Time
11 Aug 2024 17:16:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Color Cube
From: Edward Coffey
Date: 12 Feb 2004 15:50:07
Message: <402be6ff@news.povray.org>
Dan P wrote:
> Looks cool! That one cube on the corner seems black and out of place -- was
> that intentional?

I'd like it to fit in more, but it definitely is supposed to be black.
The cube represents a simplified RGB colorspace, each axis of the cube
represents one of the three primary colors - Red, Green and Blue. The
cube at the top is obviously color <0,0,0>, the one at the bottom is
<1,1,1>, the other 6 corner cubes are <1,0,0>, <1,1,0>, <0,1,0>,
<0,1,1>, <0,0,1> and <1,0,1>. I built it to be configurable, so you can
just plug in the number of cubes you want along each edge. Here's one
rendered with 8x8x8 cubes (well, superellipsoids actually, which makes
it hard to know exactly where in the y axis to place the object to get
it to stand on its end - I rendered this one with the same translation
as the 3x3x3 version so the white superellipsoid sticks through the floor):

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'color-cube8.jpg' (33 KB)

Preview of image 'color-cube8.jpg'